Navy Sailor Recruitment
- 1.1 Navy Sailor Recruitment SSR Perquisites
- 1.2 Navy Sailor Recruitment SSR Selection Criteria
- 1.3 Indian Navy Sailor Recruitment SSR Medical Standards
- 1.4 Navy Sailor Recruitment SSR Visual Standards
- 1.5 Indian Navy Sailor Recruitment SSR Selection Procedure
- 1.6 Indian Navy Sailor Recruitment SSR How To Apply
- 1.7 Indian Navy Sailor Recruitment SSR Important Dates
The Indian Navy has published the sailor SSR (Senior Secondary Recruits) recruitment notification for the course commencing in Feb 2019. Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – Feb 2019 Batch.
- Educational Qualification: Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects: – Chemistry/Biology/Computer science from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India
- Age: Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1998 to 31 Jan 2002 (Both dates inclusive).
- Pay & Allowances: During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
- Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600- ₹ 1, 51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
- During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/ admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
Navy Sailor Recruitment SSR Insurance Cover: Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs 37.50 lakhs for all sailors is applicable
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The question paper will be of 10+2 standard and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate
Current Affairs eBooks
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the Final Medical Examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in Final Medical Examination will be enrolled. Candidates who are found medically unfit will be advised to appeal against his findings if they so desire at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days.
- Note: – Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to the examination.
- Without Glasses :
- Better Eye: 6/6
- Worse Eye: 6/9
- With Glasses
- Better Eye: 6/6
- Worse Eye: 6/6
Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and the candidate will be barred from recruitment.
The applications are to be filled online only on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded. The selection procedure is as follows:-
- The „Online‟ applications alongwith the required certificates will be sorted out State-wise. The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular state may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received. Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2. THE CUT OFF PERCENTAGE WILL BE CALCULATED TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION BEST OF FIVE SUBJECTS (INCLUSION OF MATHS AND PHYSICS MANDATORY).
- Call up Letters cum Admit Card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Sep/ Oct 2018, would be required to be downloaded from the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The Call up Letters cum Admit Card will be tentatively uploaded on website by Early Aug 2018. Call up Letter cum Admit Card will not be sent by post. Candidates can be allotted any centre view administrative reasons.
- All original certificates, mark sheets, Domicile certificate and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of examination. If the details provided in „online application‟ are not matching with original documents, the candidature will be cancelled.
- Results of the examination will be announced on the same day and those who qualify examination will undergo PFT and Initial Medical Examination, which may take 1-2 days.
- Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the Initial Medical Examination can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
- Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the Initial Medical Examination can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 days. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/appeal is permissible.
- A merit list will be prepared from all the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon vacancies. The select list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on 20 Dec 2018. All candidates, whose names appear in the Select list, would be required to report at INS Chilka for Final Medical Examination. The selection of a candidate will stand cancelled and he will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy in case the candidate fails to report on the date and time mentioned in call letter for Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka.
- Call letter for Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka will be uploaded only on the registered E-mail ID of the selected candidates. Call up Letter for Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka will not be sent by post. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- The candidate‟s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- All select listed candidates reporting at INS Chilka for Final Medical Examination, are to produce the self attested certificates submitted at the time of submitting the online application, along with all the original certificates. If the details provided during online application stage are not matching with the original certificates at INS Chilka, the candidature will be cancelled.
- All select listed candidates will be required to download Call letter for Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka and other associated forms. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on Police Verification form / Online police verification form from the Superintendent of Police of their respective jurisdiction. Candidates without the verified police verification reports or reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. A sample format for the police verification form may be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in to ensure timely verification.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment/ enrolment after a period of six months.
For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 02 Jun 18 to 15 Jun 18. The procedure is as follows:-
- Applicants need to register with www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with a valid and active „E-mail ID‟ and mobile number in order to fill online application for the said entry. Already registered candidates, personal, education and communication particulars need to be updated. Otherwise, the candidate will not be able to view online application in the “Current Opportunity”.
- There are two ways of registration (i) With Aadhaar (ii) Without Aadhaar. Candidates can use with Aadhaar option for the simplified application process.
- „Log–in‟ with the registered E-mail Id and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the „Submit‟ button make sure all the details are correct and all required documents are scanned in original and uploaded.
- Online applications will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
- Photograph. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND. Size of the photograph should be between 60-100 KB.
- Last Date Of Online Application: 15 JUN 2018
- Admit Card Date: Early Aug 2018
- Exam Date: Sep/ Oct 2018