INDIAN NAVY 10+2 (B.TECH) CADET ENTRY SCHEME (PERMANENT COMMISSION) COURSE COMMENCING – JAN 2019: Applications are invited from UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES (fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a four year degree course under the 10+2 (B Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme.
INDIAN NAVY 10+2 (B.TECH) ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
- Age: Born between 02 Jul 1999 and 01 Jan 2002 (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification: Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board recognized by Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM-Passing in each subject mandatory) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
- Who can Apply: Candidates who have appeared for JEE (Main) -2018 (for B.E./ B.Tech) exam. Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on the basis of JEE (Main) – 2018 All India Rank.
- Height and Weight: Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight as per age. However, relaxations in height is permissible to candidates holding domicile of areas mentioned below:-
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour/night blind.
- Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in
THE NAVY OFFERS YOU
- IHQ of MoD(Navy) reserves the right to fix the cut off for shortlisting of applications for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Rank- 2018. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam/ Kolkata from Jul – Oct 2018.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidates in their application form.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception test and Group Discussion. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview which will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Change of SSB venue for an interview is not permissible.
- A choice of date for appearing in SSB will be indicated in the application dashboard for shortlisted candidates. Any correspondence regarding further change of SSB date is to be addressed to the Call-up Officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability of batches/slots.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview if appearing for the first time for this Commission on the production of tickets. Candidates will carry photocopy of the first page of bank passbook or cheque leaf where the name, account No. and IFS Code details are mentioned while appearing for SSB.
- The training is scheduled to commence in Jan 2019.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be selected for training in Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala, based on All India Merit and number of vacancies. All India Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks. Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for the four year B. Tech Course in applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialisation) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements. On completion of the course, B. Tech Degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Note:- The entire cost of training, including books and reading material, will be borne by the Indian Navy. The cadets will also be provided with free clothing and messing.
How to Apply: Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 02 Jun to 21 Jun 2018. The procedure for applying online is explained in the notification linked below. A simplified application procedure using Aadhaar number may also be used by the candidates. Towards this it is important that mobile number and address linked with the Aadhaar number be updated by candidates.
- DATE OF OPENING – 02 JUN 2018
- LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION – 21 JUN 2018
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates – Jul – Oct 2018.